Due to Covid-19 there are no current planned events
Bedtime Routines Relationship Building Challenging Behaviour
Watch for further updates Watch for further updates Watch for further updates
Paediatric First Aid
Watch for further updates
World Health Organisation’s ten facts about mental health
* Mental, neurological and substance use disorders make up 10% of the global burden of disease and 30% of non-fatal disease burden.
* Around 1 in 5 of the world's children and adolescents have a mental disorder.
* Depression is one of the leading causes of disability, affecting 264 million people.
* About half of mental disorders begin before the age of 14.
* Almost 800 000 people die from suicide per year; 1 person dies from suicide every 40 seconds. Suicide is the second leading cause of death in individuals age 15-29 years.
* Around 1 in 9 people in settings affected by conflict have a moderate or severe mental disorder.
* People with severe mental disorders die 10 to 20 years earlier that the general population.
* Rates of mental health workers vary from below 2 per 100 000 population in low-income countries to over 70 per 100 000 in high-income countries.
* Less than half of the 139 countries that have mental health policies and plans report having these aligned with human rights conventions.
* The global economy loses about US$ 1 trillion per year in productivity due to depression and anxiety.