How to access remote learning
How to access live lessons
Remote learning is used when a class bubble closes and children need to access teaching and learning from home. Until now we have If a bubble was to close, we will offer live lessons. This means the children will be able to log on via Microsoft teams and their teacher will provide a live lesson to the class. The teacher will be able to see all the children and the children will be able to see the teacher. Following this live lesson the resources and additional information needed for the lesson will be found on the school website in your child’s class page.
Live lessons will run at the same time every day (Monday to Friday). The lessons times will be as follows:
- 9:00 am – 15 minute maths input
- 10:30 am – 15 minute reading / phonics input
- 1:00 pm – 15 minute writing input
To access the live lessons you will need your child’s Microsoft outlook email address and password, which have already been sent home.
Click on the link below to follow the simple step by step instructions:
Safeguarding remote learning
Westwood Primary School will ensure any use of online learning tools and systems is in line with privacy and data protection/GDPR requirements.
During virtual lessons, especially when webcams are involved Westwood Primary will ensure:
- There will be no 1:1 teaching, groups only. If 1:1 tuition is deemed as essential for the child’s progress, staff must seek formal written agreement from the Headteacher and the pupil’s parent.
- Staff and children must wear suitable clothing, as should anyone else in the household.
- Any computers used should be in appropriate areas, for example, not in bedrooms; staff should be mindful that backgrounds do not compromise personal confidentiality or breach the guiding principles of safer working practice guidance for staff working in education settings.
- Live lessons will be recorded so that if any issues were to arise, the videos can be reviewed.
- Live lesson will be kept to a maximum of 20 minutes.
- Language must be professional and appropriate, including any family members in the background.
- Teachers must only use Microsoft teams to stream live lessons.
- Teachers will record, the length, time, date and attendance of every live lesson.