In our weekly celebration assemblies, Mr Cooper will choose one child to receive the 'British Values Award'. That child gets a British Values card to keep! Can you collect all 5 cards by the time you finish at Westwood?
- I contribute to the school council.
- I take into account the opinions of others before making a decision.
- I respect the importance of a group decision.
Rules of law
- I put my hand up instead of calling out.
- I ask before taking something.
- I wait for instructions before doing something.
- I walk around school quietly.
- I listen to others.
- I show good manners towards others.
- I make positive contributions in lessons.
- I show kindness to others
- I show an understanding of other children's beliefs, attitudes, faiths and differences.
- I make positive choices which contribute to the school and community.
- I complete my homework.
- I represent the school.
- I respect other people's opinions.
- I respect the school environment.
- I allow all children to learn.
- I am kind, helpful and sensitive to others.
Week 1 - Frankie Simpson - rule of law - for being ready all the time and always following the class rules. Well done Frankie!
Week 2 - Reenie Downing - tolerance - for being more confident to work in a group, offer contributions and take into account other people's ideas. Well done Reenie!
Week 3 - Joel Miller - tolerance - for being really respectful and mature when talking about emotional and serious content in RSHE this week. Well done Joel!
Week 4 - Mia Berry - mutual respect - for always respecting other people's decisions and opinions and being really thoughtful and mature with any decision Mia makes. Well done Mia!
Week 5 - Kai Armitage - tolerance - for coming back to school after self-isolation for a very long time and acting as if he has never been gone! Well done Kai!
Week 6 - Alfie Beanland - mutual respect - for great effort and enthusiasm when working with the Leeds United coaches this week. Well done Alfie.