Thursday 21st January
Today we are going to be looking at moving shapes. We need to be able to say how many steps to the left, right, up and down a shape moves to get to a specific place. Have a look at the question sheets below.
Today we are going to look at the rest of the story and see if our predictions were right yesterday!
Deep at the bottom of the lagoon we find the bottle with the next riddle and the password. The only problem is that the riddle got wet and half of it is missing! How are we supposed to know where to go? Luckily Peach knows where we are to head next- the Mystical Maze.
Today we are going to re-write the riddle to leave behind for the next set of explorers. We need to think of words to rhyme in this riddle.
- maze- gaze, laze, haze, graze, blaze, days, lays, plays, ways, stays
- lost- cost, crossed, tossed, frost,
- way- day, play, say, may, grey, pray, sway
- code- load, mode, showed, toad, crossroad, explode
- hedge- edge, ledge, sledge, pledge, wedge
- sign- mine, fine, pine, dine, line
- map- clap, slap, tap, wrap, snap, lap, nap, tap, sap, gap
Use these sentence starters to help you-
- The next place you must go...
- You will find...
- You must follow...
- Read the...
- Look at your...
Remember each line should rhyme, so end with the rhyming word.
The next place you will go is somewhere you can get easily lost,
Find the middle where its crossed.
You will find the locks code,
If you go down the right road.
These 2 riddles we have already had on our adventure so far- they might help you
Have a look on Purple Mash and check your 2do's. You will find a Lagoon design. Get creative and make your own lagoon for Peach to live in. You could use the internet to do some research into what starfish need to survive and add those into your lagoon too!