Tender - Healthy relationships workshop
Rowan class worked with Tender to produce a wonderful presentation to Willow and Sycamore class.
Read below to find out more about Tender:
Tender Education & Arts is a charity working with young people to develop skills for building healthy and respectful relationships. They achieve this through open, creative workshops that explore the healthy and unhealthy aspects of friendships, empowering students to consider their attitudes and behaviour in an age-appropriate way.
Since 2003, Tender has been developing and delivering work in London, and in 2012 began sharing their work across the country through the National Partnership Programme. Tender’s West Yorkshire Hub was set up in 2017 and due to the success of the senior school programme in West Yorkshire, Tender are now bringing their unique and innovative programme to West Yorkshire Primary Schools.
The Healthy Relationships Primary Schools Project is a two-day project. Tender will work with students from Year 5 who will become Ambassadors for healthy relationships within the school. The culmination of the two-day project is a presentation, where students can share their knowledge with their peers.
Children learnt to:
- Identify what makes healthy and unhealthy friendships and relationships
- Identify safe and unsafe touch, and learn the NSPCC Underwear Rule
- Recognise their rights as children and developing human beings
- Explore expectations around gender and equality
- Recognise the effects of bullying and develop empathy
- Offer appropriate support to their peers and seek support if they need it
- Present what they have learnt to their peers during an assembly
See below the pictures of our workshops and performance...