There will be no wellbeing calls this week as parents evening is taking place tonight. Calls will begin from 2.30pm and I will be calling from a No Caller ID number. I look forward to chatting to you tonight to discuss your child's progress and targets moving forward.
Timings are quite tight tonight, unlike on wellbeing call days, so I won't have time to talk to your child or talk in lots of detail about the home learning side of things - you can email me to arrange a phone call during the day on Thursday if needs be.
I AM WORKING IN SCHOOL TODAY SO EMAIL RESPONSES MAY TAKE A LITTLE LONGER
Guided Reading - live on Teams at 10.30am
Today, we're going to think about Willy Wonka's trusted workers - the Oompah Loompa's. Listen to me reading the chapter below where Grandpa Joe tells Charlie about the Oompah Loompa's. We're then going to think about comparing and contrasting the different representations of the workers across different versions of the text. Have a look at the sheet below and think about what is similar and what is different about the characters. Then, have a go at the questions on the bottom of the sheet.
Adventure - anytime
We're going to learn about the home of the Oompah Loompa's - Loompa Land which is in Brazil.
1. Go through the information to learn about Brazil which can be found on the PowerPoint.
2. Look at the maps of Brazil very carefully and check out the keys. Use these maps to complete the atlas challenge where you are finding certain parts and landmarks of the country.
3. You may need to use the internet to find out some more information but we would then like you to complete the Brazil fact sheet including locating the country on the map, drawing the flag and thinking about the culture/food.
Spelling and handwriting - anytime
Click here for today's spelling lesson.
Writing - live on Teams at 1pm
Today, we're going to write the next section of your non-chronological report which is all about the production process of chocolate. Yesterday we learnt about the process in Guided Reading so you'll be using the information you found out in that as well as Monday's adventure lesson to write this section. Think about different ways of representing the information today in this section - instead of writing it as a big block of text, I'd like you to try and do this section as a table (as it was one of the features of non-chronological reports which we looked at the other day). Have a look at my example below, and we'll fill some of the information in together on live lessons. Remember your SPAG mission for this week:
- fronted adverbials to start your sentences in interesting ways
- commas in a list (not before the last word though)
- coordinating conjunctions (because etc.) to make your sentences longer!
Maths - live on Teams at 9.15am
Today, we're moving on to the 3 times tables and starting to think about counting in 3s. In the live lesson, we'll go through some strategies to count in 3s and I'll demonstrate it using some equipment. Then, you guys need to have a go at the activities below.